Advising student to change major

How do I change my major?

If the student is a freshman, they need to see their advisor in Chosen Hall. It’s simply a matter of changing the code in Banner (the student information system). There is no paperwork to fill out. 

Note: Students may only change their major during registration periods. 

If the student's records have been transferred from the freshman advisor to your academic department, the student will need to: 

  1. Request a Curriculum Change Form from the prior department. The advisor or the administrative assistant will fill out the form as well as give the student their records on file with that office.

  2. The student will go to the new department and provide them their records and the Curriculum Change Form. 

  3. The student then signs and returns the completed Curriculum Change Form to Student Central.