Adding a link to the RedShelf tool to a course:
- Select the desired course and select “Turn editing on” in the upper right hand corner
- Click the "+ Add an activity or resource” link in the topic you wish to add the tool to
- Select “External Tool” and click “Add”
- Fill out the following fields:
Activity Name: This is the name of the tool which the students will see on the course
Preconfigured Tool: This is where you will select the RedShelf tool created in the previous step
- Once the tool has been selected, all of the other relevant fields will be filled out automatically and editing of them will be locked. This ensures that each implementation of the tool on each individual course is consistent.
- At the bottom of the page, select "Save and return to course".