If you have received an accommodation request from a student to provide extended time on assessments or other types of activities, the information below will help.
For some students, instead of duplicating the exam, you can provide the additional time with an override for the student and then place a time limit on the exam, such providing 50% more exam time. However, some students have additional accommodations to consider; therefore, you may need to duplicate the exam to provide additional support.
To duplicate an activity to provide an accommodation for select students:
- Duplicate the exam in the course. and rename the duplicated exam;
- Edit the exam settings to match the accommodation needed for an individual student or a group of students;
- Restrict access to the duplicated exam to an individual student or a select group of students by adding a password. When you specify a password, students must enter the password before they are allowed to attempt the quiz;
- Dates, timing and number of allowed attempts may be changed for individual students or groups by following the links Student Overrides or Group of Student Overrides in quiz administration;
- If needed, add the accommodation to the Respondus Monitoring and Lockdown Browser dashboard settings or to the SmarterProctoring dashboard settings if you are using exam proctoring. If access is restricted in the Moodle exam with a password, you must use this same password for the student in the Respondus and SmartProctoring set up,
Self-proctoring an exam
Some accommodations may necessitate self-proctoring an exam for a student or a group of students. Please use the following resources.
Additional resources you may need:
- Add a test, exam or quiz into course
- Copy exams, test, quizzes and other activities to another course
- Transfer, move or copy a course from a prior term
- Transfer, move or copy a course from another instructor
Web Conference, Virtual Meeting, Virtual Classroom Resources
Don't see the information you are looking for here? Use the search bar to find additional articles. If the topic is not listed, please post a comment in the section below, or email Wendi Prater (email@example.com).