If you have received an accommodation request from a student to receive extended time on assessments or other types of accommodations, the information below will help you provide those accommodations in Moodle.
NOTE: For some students, instead of duplicating the exam, you can provide the additional time with an override for the student and then place a time limit on the exam, such providing 50% more exam time. See the instructions below for these steps. However, some students have additional accommodations to consider; therefore, you may need to duplicate the exam to provide additional support.
To provide an accommodation on an exam to select students:
- Duplicate the exam in the course. and rename the duplicated exam;
- Edit the exam settings to match the accommodation needed for an individual student or a group of students;
- Restrict access to the duplicated exam to an individual student or a select group of students by adding a password. When you specify a password, students must enter the password before they are allowed to attempt the quiz;
- Dates, timing and number of allowed attempts may be changed for individual students or groups by following the links Student Overrides or Group of Student Overrides in quiz administration;
- If needed, add Respondus Monitoring and Lockdown Browser settings to the duplicated exam.
Self-proctoring an exam
Some accommodations may necessitate self-proctoring an exam for a student or a group of students. Please use the following resources.
Additional resources you may need:
- Add a test, exam or quiz into course
- Copy exams, test, quizzes and other activities to another course
- Transfer, move or copy a course from a prior term
- Transfer, move or copy a course from another instructor
Web Conference, Virtual Meeting, Virtual Classroom Resources
Don't see the information you are looking for here? Use the search bar to find additional articles. If the topic is not listed, please post a comment in the section below, or email Wendi Prater (firstname.lastname@example.org).