Please use the link below to access a PDF of the Quick Start Guide for your Cisco Office Phone.
To forward all calls from desk phone to an external phone
- To forward calls received on your primary line
to another number, press Forward all on the desk unit.
- Enter a phone number or press Messages
to forward all calls to voicemail. Look
for confirmation on your phone screen.
- To cancel call forwarding, press Forward off.
- If you have a secondary line on the phone, to set up forwarding on a secondary line, press the
line button to select the second line and press
- Please review the guidelines for University greetings on calls fowarded to external phones.
Accessing Voicemail from an external phone
- Call your office phone number, just as one of our students would to call your office. Wait until you reach your voicemail greeting. Press the star [*] key to interrupt it.
- Enter your voicemail PIN when prompted to do so. Then press #.
- Press 1 to listen to your messages. The system will list additional options.
- Hang up when finished.
Setup mobile phone for one touch connection to voicemail
- Select new contact or add a phone number to an existing contact
- Enter your office phone number
- Next enter a comma (,) for pause
- Then enter a star (*)
- Next enter your office four digit extension, followed with pound (#)
- Then enter a comma (,) for pause
- Finally, enter your voicemail PIN, followed with pound (#)
Example: to set this up for office phone 337-475-9999 with a PIN 12345, it would look like this:
HINT: There should be no spaces between numbers and symbols