RedShelf is collaborating with McNeese to provide free access to eBooks delivered through IA, for the remainder of the semester to help McNeese provide as much learning continuity as possible for our students.
RedShelf was founded on the belief that digital content can make an enormous impact on affordability, access, and outcomes in higher education. That impact has become even more pronounced as colleges and universities, like McNeese, grapple with COVID-19 and the strain of quickly and unexpectedly moving their courses online.
- In an effort to support McNeese during this challenging and rapid transition, RedShelf is actively collaborating with McNeese to be able to provide free access to eBooks delivered through IA, for the remainder of the semester to help McNeese provide as much learning continuity as possible for our students.
- Follow these steps to get started: (UPDATED 03/20/20)
- On the textbook requisition form that your department received from the bookstore (received the week of 03/20/20)- supply author, title, ISBN, and edition of the title chosen. Indicate on the form that you would like to utilize Inclusive Access via RedShelf (UPDATED 03/20/20)
- Return the requisition form to the bookstore by the return date indicated on the form.
The forms requesting inclusive access are submitted to RedShelf. RedShelf and the Bookstore work with the publisher to secure access for the course. The professor will receive communications from the publisher with instructions on setting up access (via Moodle) within your course closer to the beginning of that semester (approximately 2-3 weeks before the start of the semester). If there is an issue with the edition, inclusive access, etc., the professor/dept. will be notified. (UPDATED 03/20/20)
- If this is an option for your course, the bookstore will need the department/professor to send an email @ email@example.com with the course and quantity of eBooks needed. This is only available for eBooks, not for courseware (ex. MindTap, Connect, MyPsycLab, MyMathLab, etc.). Once the bookstore receives and submits the information to RedShelf, the professor will be contacted with further instructions. Please let Donna Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Wendy Miles, email@example.com, know if you need additional information.
- For more information about RedShelf.