Respondus Monitor generates a list of events from the exam session. "Flags" are events where a problem might exist, whereas "milestones" are general occurrences such as when the exam started, or when a question was answered.
- Missing from Frame — the student could not be detected in the video frame for a period of time
- Different person in Frame — a different person from whom started the exam may have been detected in the video frame for a period of time
- Multiple persons in Frame — multiple faces are detected in the video for a period of time
- An Internet interruption occurred — a video interruption occurred as a result of an internet failure
- Video frame rate lowered due to quality of internet connection — if a poor upload speed is detected with the internet connection, the frame rate is automatically lowered for the webcam video
- Student exited LockDown Browser early — the student used a manual process to terminate the exam session early; the reason provided by the student is shown
- Low Facial Detection — facial detection could not be achieved for a significant portion of the exam
- A webcam was disconnected — the web camera was disconnected from the computing device during the exam
- A webcam was connected — a web camera was connected to the computing device during the exam
- An attempt was made to switch to another screen or application — indicates an application-switching swipe or keystroke combination was attempted
- Video session terminated early — indicates the video session terminated unexpectedly, and that it didn't automatically reconnect before the exam was completed by the student
- Failed Facial Detection Check — facial detection could not be achieved during the Facial Detection Check portion of the startup sequence
- Student turned off facial detection alerts — the student selected "Don't show this alert again" when the facial detection alert appeared during the assessment. The student did not receive alerts after this.
- Question X Answered — an answer to the question was entered (or changed) by the student
- Pre-Exam — the webcam recording that occurs between the environment check and the start of the exam
- Exam Start — the start of the exam
- End of Exam — the exam was submitted
* New flags and milestones are added periodically; this list isn't comprehensive.